How income affects Income Relief Payment
If you or your partner get any income, you need to tell us straight away. If you're working, you will no longer qualify for the Income Relief Payment.
Getting Student Loan/Student Allowance and Income Relief Payment
Student Loan Living Costs
If you get the Student Loan Living Costs, you can also get the Income Relief Payment. The Living Costs is not counted as income for the Income Relief Payment.
If you or your partner get Student Allowance, you can also get the Income Relief Payment, but only at the part-time rate of $250 per week.
The Student Allowance is not counted as income for your Income Relief Payment.
How to tell us about your income
You need to let us know the:
- dates of the week you worked
- amount of income you earned (before tax)
- number of hours you worked
- name of your employer.
You need to tell us:
- each week that your income changes
- by the Sunday of the week you earn it, or you may have a debt to pay back.